Soapbox Events has been getting a lot of loving care from our engineers as of late. In December, we introduced the ability to collect attendee information during the registration process as well as a few other additions.
Tonight, we gave Soapbox a great big wet kiss by adding greater ability to customize the event reservation experience - including the ability to collect much more information from attendees and alter many elements of the reservation form itself.
Here's a run down of all the love showered upon Soapbox Events and what it enables Soapbox Events administrators to do:
- Choose to display any of the following Standard Fields for the Attendee Info section - and write them to Salesforce, if you have Salesforce integration enabled: First Name, Last Name, Email Address, Organization, Title, Home Phone, Work Phone, Mobile Phone, Mailing Street, Mailing City, Mailing State, Mailing Zip, Mailing Country.
Prior to this release, only First Name, Last Name, and Email Address fields could be enabled as a group. If you had those enabled, all current events will not have changed. You will simply have the ability to hide or show these fields independently along with the other Standard Fields.
- Choose to require any of the above Standard Fields.
As with enabling these fields, prior to this release, only First Name, Last Name, and Email Address fields could be required as a group. If you had those required, all current events will not have changed. You will simply have the ability to require these fields independently along with the other Standard Fields.
- Add Custom Salesforce fields to the attendee information forms, if you have Salesforce integration enabled. You may select any field you add to the Ticket Temp and Tickets objects in Salesforce using the same user-friendly tool available in our Salesforce Submit and Salesforce Search tools.
- Gain more control over the reservation form behavior by setting whether the attendee information section expands a) when your visitor clicks the “Add/Edit Attendee Information” button or b) immediately when they choose a number of tickets of a certain ticket type.
For events with one only one Ticket Type, you can choose to display the attendee information section automatically when your visitor comes to the page by a) setting the form to appear when a number of tickets is chosen and b) entering in 1 as the Minimum Tickets value for the event's Ticket Type.
- Visitors can now click a "Copy Contact Info" button in the attendee form, should they wish to quickly duplicate information added in the Contact Information section at the top of the reservation form.
- Customize all field text, add tooltips, and customize the Attend and Register buttons as you see fit.
Salesforce integration: required Salesforce package updates
Knowledge Base articles for new functionality
To help in making use of these new features, we have added several articles to the Soapbox Events section of our knowledge base.
If you have questions about the new features or how you can add Soapbox Events or Salesforce integration to your site, let us know!
It appears that the link to the install of Soapbox Events for Salesforce managed package Version 2.1 wasn't working correctly in the original post. We've corrected it in that text. If you had trouble with it earlier, please use this version:
Your PICnet Penguins