If you try to add a Salesforce campaign within Soapbox and get the error message "entity type cannot be inserted: Campaign", the Salesforce user account that you have connected to your Soapbox site does not have the proper permissions.
Steps to resolve this issue
In order for a Salesforce user to be able to create a campaign, that user must be set as a "Marketing User", an option which you can check by going through the following steps:
- Log into Salesforce using the credentials of the account that is connected to your Soapbox site.
- Go to Setup > Personal Setup > My Personal Information > Personal Information (see screenshot below)
- Make sure that the "Marketing User" box is checked. If it is not checked, click on the "Edit" button, check the "Marketing User" box and then click Save.
Once you have added the "Marketing User" permission to your Salesforce user account, then go back into Soapbox and create your campaign (which you can also do within Salesforce). Again, here are the steps to create a campaign for your donation form in Soapbox:
- Go to the Donations Manager and open an existing donation form or create a new one.
- Select the "Integration" tab and click "Select" for the Campaign, then click the "New" button.
- Enter in your campaign details and click "Create".