If your site has the Soapbox CMS (Does my site have the Soapbox CMS?), with Soapbox Events, you can create a menu item that displays the details of a single event.
To create an event detail menu item:
- Go to Menus > Main Menu (or else choose the menu where you want this new menu item to be located)
- Click New
- From Select Menu Item Type, click Events
- In the options that expand under Events, Event > Details
- In the Title field, type the name of the menu item that you wish to display to the end user
- Leave the Alias field blank. Non-Profit Soapbox will automatically create a web-friendly URL for you based on the title field. If you would like to customize the url, you can do so by entering text in the Alias field.
- Under Parent Item, select the appropriate menu item the new link should fall under. If it is a main level item, do not select anything.
- For Access Level, leave it as Public. If you have a password-protected area of the site and wish to only display this menu item to logged in users, choose Registered.
- Under Parameters (Basic) in the right column, under "Select Event" click on the "select" button. This will open up a popup window where you can see a list of all of your published events. From the popup window, choose the event that you want to display for this menu item by clicking on the event title.
- Click Save