You can create Predefined Amounts which appear as radio button options to your visitors and choose to display a custom amount field so visitors can define their own payment amount.
These predefined options can display only amounts:
They can also include text, making them useful for various other applications such as the collection of member dues payments for associations when the Custom Amount Field is hidden:
To create Predefined Amounts and show or hide the Custom Amount Field
- Open the Soapbox Donation form for which you wish to create Predefined Amounts or show or hide the Custom Amount Field
- Click the Payment tab
- In the left column under Payment Amount and Frequency, enter a Predefined Amount in the first blank field. If you wish to add only an amount, add it without a dollar sign, comma, or decimal.
If you wish to display text rather than an amount, enter the amount of the transaction followed by a semicolon and the text to display to the visitor. For example: 500;Supporter Level - $500. In this case, $500 will be charged to the visitor and they will only see the text appearing after the semicolon.
- To add additional Predefined Amounts, click "Click to add payment amount". To remove an existing Predefined Amount, click Remove below the amount.
- For Amount Orientation, choose to position the radio buttons for the Predefined Amounts horizontally or vertically
- For Custom Amount Field, choose Show, if you wish visitors to enter their own payment amount, or Hide, if you wish to force them to select a Predefined Amount
- If you wish to customize the default text appearing as the Section Heading of "Donation Amount", click Customize Headings and Labels in the Payment Amount and Frequency section to expand the form and alter the text for Section Heading.
- Click Save