You see a donation that is listed in Soapbox under Donations > Transactions but you don't see an Opportunity in Salesforce. Let's take a look at some of the ways this could happen.
The first step is to confirm whether or not the transaction did go to Salesforce. Sometimes a transaction will be sent to Salesforce, but get stuck as a Lead and fail to convert for one reason or another. So, let's see if the transaction was successfully sent to Salesforce in the first place.
To do so:
- Log into your Soapbox admin
- Go Donations ->Transactions
- This will bring you to a page listing all of your recent transactions. Look for the name of the donor you are researching.
- Once you find the donor's name, look across the Transaction table to the column labelled, "Salesforce Lead Record Id"
If you see an ID number there, then you know the transaction was pushed to Salesforce, though it may be stuck as a lead. If there is no ID number there, then the data was not successfully transferred to Salesforce.
IF THERE IS AN ID NUMBER IN THE "Salesforce Lead Record Id" COLUMN:
Then one of several things has likely happened:
- The lead was a partial match to an existing Contact. If some but not all of the following fields match an existing contact, the lead will be marked for review, and await a human to manually convert the lead: First Name, Last Name, Email Address.
- If it does, select the name in the dropdown.
- If it does not, select the setting to create a NEW contact for this lead.
- To find out if this is the case, find the lead in Salesforce with the Lead Record Id you just got from the Transaction table. Look for a field called, "Match Review Needed." If it is checked off, then this lead was a partial match.
- To remedy, select to Convert the lead, and on the next page decide if this lead is from the contact that it partially matches.
- More about partial matches can be fount here: http://support.picnet.net/entries/21756102-Matching-criteria-for-auto-conversion-of-registration-and-donation-Leads
- The Donations form isn't properly associated with a campaign. To find out if this is the case;
- Click the [Select] link and choose a campaign from the list in the popup. Note - you *must* select a campaign that has been properly set up to work with Soapbox Donations. The best way to ensure this is true is to create a new campaign from this popup window by clicking "New" and filling out the form.
- Is not compatible with Soapbox Donations.The best way to ensure this is true is to create a new campaign from this popup window by clicking "New" and filling out the form.
- Has been deleted - in which case you will not see the assigned campaign in the list of campaigns in the popup. You should create a new Donations compatible campaign. The best way to ensure this it is compatible is to create a new campaign from this popup window by clicking "New" and filling out the form.
- Has been deleted, then recreated - If this is the case, then you will see the campaign in the list, but it will not be selected. In this case, you need to select the new version of the campaign, and then save. Note here too that the new campaig must be set up to be compatible with Donations. If it's not you will likely have to create a new campaign from this popup window by clicking "New" and filling out the form.
- Open the donation form in your Soapbox admin
- Click the "Integration" tab
- Look to see if there is a campaign selected in the "Campaign" field.
- If there is not:
- If there is, then it's possible the campaign:
- If none of the above are true, then open a ticket at http://support.picnet.net, letting us know the above.
IF THERE IS *NOT* AN ID NUMBER IN THE "Salesforce Lead Record Id" COLUMN AND *NOT* A TRANSACTION ID OR SUBSCRIPTION ID:
- If you have PayPal enabled as an option for the Donation form noted in the Donation Form column, it is likely the front-end user clicked the Go To PayPal button in Soapbox and never completed their transactions directly with PayPal.
IF THERE IS *NOT* AN ID NUMBER IN THE "Salesforce Lead Record Id" COLUMN AND A THERE IS A TRANSACTION ID OR SUBSCRIPTION ID:
- The Salesforce Credentials you have entered into Soapbox may not be working. To find out if this is the case, open your Diagnostics panel by logging into your Soapbox Admin and clicking the icon in the upper right that looks like a computer monitor. You will see several checks that will either be green or red.
- Components -> Salesforce Dashboard -> Salesforce Settings
- Update and
- Return to the Diagnostics page to check for green.
- If you see all green lines, then your credentials are working properly You can skip to the next step.
- If the item "Salesforce Credentials are" is showing Red, then your credentials are wrong. To fix them, in Salesforce, reset the password for the account Soapbox is using to get a new password and security token. Then go:
- If any of the other lines of the diagnostics page are red, please open a ticket at http://support.picnet.net and explain what you have found so far.
- It's possible that Salesforce simply did not "catch" the transaction when Soapbox sent it. For a more detailed explanation of this possibility, please see this knowledge base article: http://support.picnet.net/entries/82616989-Why-Was-A-Soapbox-Transaction-Not-Captured-By-Salesforce-
- If none of the above seem to be the case, please open a ticket at http://support.picnet.net and explain to us what you have figured out so far.