Step 1: Sign up for an Amazon Web Services account
Estimated time: 5 minutes
Here's where the fun begins! If you don’t have an Amazon Web Services account, go to Amazon Web Services at http://aws.amazon.com. Grab your credit card and make sure the phone you'd like to use as your main contact number for the account is handy. Amazon will be calling you to verify you are who you say you are.
If you already have an account, skip this step - and you just saved 5 minutes!
- Click the Sign Up button at the top right of the screen
- On the Sign In or Create an AWS Account screen, type in the main email address you’d like associated with your AWS account
- Choose the “I am a new user.” option
- Click the Sign In Using our Secure Server button.
- On the Login Credentials screen, enter the required information
- Click the Continue button
- On the Contact Information screen, enter the required information
- Click the Create Account and Continue button
- On the Payment Method screen, enter your credit card information. NOTE: In using Amazon’s services, you’ll only be billed for services you use, and at the time of this writing, there are no monthly fees.
- Click the Continue button.
- On the Identity Verification screen, follow the instructions as shown on the screen. Amazon will ring your phone and ask you to enter the verification number you'll be given online to verify your identify. Quite cool, eh?
- On the Confirmation screen, follow the instructions as shown on the screen.