If you're finding that clicking the "View it online" link at the top of your Soapbox Mailer emails takes you to a Salesforce page that says, "Authorization Required", here's a few troubleshooting steps you can take to have it properly display your email newsletter online.
1) Confirm that if your email was sent to a Contact, that the Contact has an Account related to it. If not, Salesforce considers Contact records without a related Account record a private record, meaning that Soapbox Mailer cannot access data from the Contact. To fix this, you'll need to have this Contact associated with an Account.
2) Check your Campaign object's sharing rules
In order to show you the preview, your Salesforce user and Soapbox Mailer app needs to have access reading the Campaign object. Here's what you can do to make sure that's happening properly.
- Go to Setup > Administration Setup > Security Controls > Sharing Settings
- Under the Organization-Wide Defaults section, look for the Campaign object permissions. If the Campaign object has its Default Access listed as "Private", it means that by default, your Campaign object will not be accessible by Soapbox Mailer. Continue to Step 3. If it says anything else, you can skip the rest of this troubleshooting.
- In the dropdown list next to "Managing sharing settings for:", choose the "Campaigns" object.
- On the Campaigns sharing settings page, under the "Campaign Sharing Rules" section, click the New button.
- On the Campaign Sharing Rule page, enter the following information:
Label: Soapbox Mailer Campaign Sharing
Rule Name: Soapbox_Mailer_Campaign_Sharing
Campaign: owned by members of: All Internal Users
Share with: Group: Soapbox Mailer
Campaign Access: Read/Edit
- Click the Save button
- Go back to your Soapbox Mailer Campaign record, and click the Preview button to see if this process allowed you to view a preview of your email.