The error message "DUPLICATES_DETECTED, Use one of these records?" or similar is being triggered by a duplicate rule that you have active in your Salesforce instance. That rule is being triggered, and has the "Alert" option selected. This means that any time a Soapbox transaction is sent to Salesforce when there is a Lead or Contact that the Salesforce duplicate rule detects, this rule will throw an "alert" - effectively halting the Lead creation or conversion process.
This situation is preventing your Lead from being created or converted.
To resolve this, first identify the duplicate rule that is causing the issue:
- In Salesforce Setup, navigate to your Duplicate Rules.
- Look for Rules that are affecting Leads, or Contacts. They may be named something along the lines of: "Standard Rule for Leads with Duplicate Contacts", or "Standard Rule for Contacts with Duplicate Leads"
- Click the title to open it up
- Note that the Alert Text matches what you saw in the error message. For example, "Use one of these records?"
- Note that the "Alert" option is likely selected.
If you see that there is a Duplicate Rule such as described above, and the Alert checkbox is checked, then this is likely your issue.
You have three options to resolve this:
- Deactivate the duplicate rule, or
- Uncheck the Alert checkbox, or
- Create a "condition" that will exempt Soapbox records from triggering this rule. Note that Soapbox has it's own matching strategy, so you shouldn't need to monitor incoming Soapbox data for duplicates.
To create a condition for the rule:
- With the rule still open from step 3 above, click the "Edit" button.
- Scroll down to the "Conditions" section
- Set the Field, Operator and Value to something that would be specific to incoming Soapbox data. An example might be "Lead Record Type - not equal to - Soapbox Donations"
- Click Save.
You may have to add several conditions - for example, if you have several different record types coming for Soapbox, Soapbox Donations, Soapbox Registration, etc.
Also note that you may have more than one duplicate rule. You will have to follow the same steps for each duplicate rule that is preventing Leads from converting.