The Events app integrates with Zoom so that you can associate a Soapbox Event with a Zoom Meeting or Webinar and have registered attendees of a Soapbox Event automatically created as Zoom registrants. This will create personalized Zoom Meeting or Webinar links for each attendee.
To connect the Events app to your Zoom account, you must have a Zoom paid account of the Pro level or higher and have access to the Zoom user that is the owner of your account. To connect the Events app to Zoom Webinars, you must have the Webinars paid add on with Zoom.
To connect your Zoom account with Soapbox, you must first create an app in Zoom through the following steps:
- Go to https://marketplace.zoom.us/
- Login as the Zoom user that is the owner of your account
- Click the Develop drop down to open it
- Click Build App
- For "Choose your app type", click Create for JWT
- In the popup, enter an App Name. This will be for internal use only so you can name it whatever you'd like.
- Click Create
- On the next screen, enter the Basic Information and Developer Contact Information. This will be for internal use only so you can name it whatever you'd like.
- Click Continue
- On the next screen, copy and paste the values for the API Key and API Secret in a temporary place for use later
- Click Continue
- On the Feature tab, click Continue
- On the Activation tab, ensure that your app is activated
Once this has been done, you're ready to add your Zoom credentials to the Soapbox Engage Events app. To do so:
- Login to your Soapbox administrator
- Open the Configuration for the Events app
- Click the Integration tab
- For Enable Zoom Integration by Default, choose the default setting for your Zoom integration Keep the default of No if you plan to use the Zoom integration for a subset of your events. You will then enable the integration on an event by event basis. If you will be using the Zoom integration for most or all of your events, you may wish to set it as Yes. In either case, you can override this default for each event.
- For Zoom API Key, enter the API Key you copied from your Zoom app
- For Zoom API Secret, enter the API Secret you copied from your Zoom app
- Click Apply
- Once the page refreshes after applying these settings, the name of the Zoom Account Owner should appear under the credentials, if Soapbox was successful in connecting to your Zoom account