The Events app integrates with Zoom so that you can associate a Soapbox Event with a Zoom Meeting and have registered attendees of a Soapbox Event automatically created as Zoom Meeting registrants. This will create personalized Zoom Meeting links for each attendee.
NOTE: This integration currently supports Zoom Meetings. Zoom Webinars are not supported by Soapbox at this time.
To do so, you must first connect the Events app to your Zoom account. Once that is done, you can connect an individual event with an existing Zoom Meeting or create a new Zoom Meeting directly in Soapbox. Only Zoom Meetings with the Zoom Account Owner as Host that have Registration set to Required can be integrated with an event in Soapbox.
Any event that is associated with a Zoom Meeting should have its Attendee Information form enabled with at least the First Name and Email fields included, as these are required by Zoom. Soapbox will enforce this requirement, even if the fields are not set as required on the Attendee Information tab for the event. In addition, Soapbox will require the email for each attendee to be unique as the email must be a unique value in Zoom.
To connect an event to a Zoom Meeting:
- Open the event you wish to connect to a Zoom Meeting
- Click the Integration tab
- In the Zoom section, for Enable Integration, select Use Global Config if you wish to use the default defined in Events > Configuration > Integration tab or choose Yes or No to set it specifically for this event
- To select an existing Zoom Meeting or create a new one, click the Select hyperlink next to Meeting Id
- In the popup:
- To select an existing Zoom Meeting, use the text field to filter the list of Zoom Meetings by name. By default, only upcoming events are displayed. You may choose to show all events, if you wish past events to appear are well. To appear in the list, the Zoom Meeting must have the Zoom Account Owner as the Host and have Registration set to Required. Once you find your Zoom Meeting, select it and click Select
- To create a Zoom Meeting directly from Soapbox, click New in the popup. Soapbox will automatically populate the Meeting Name, Start Date, Start Time, and Time Zone from the values set to the event. You may alter these as you wish. Click Save.
- Click Save
To ensure that participants receive the personalized Zoom Meeting links, review Sharing personalized Zoom Meeting links with event participants.
NOTE: At this time, Zoom integration is not supported by the Events shopping cart feature.