For vast majority of sites, the default spam control settings available in Soapbox will be sufficient to adequately limit spam. In a few cases, however, it may be necessary to block specific users who are in gross violation of website use policies.
You can block individual users by their Soapbox user name (if commenting requires an individual to login to the site), by the IP address of their computer, or by their host. To do so:
- Go to Components > Comments
- Click Options in the upper right
- In the popup window under System Blocking Options on the Blocking tab, for Users to Block, enter a comma separated list of Soapbox user names
- For IPs to Block, enter a comma separated list of IPs
- For Hosts to Block, enter a comma separated list of Hosts to block
- Click Save
Alternatively, you can block individual users or IPs within their specific comments in Components > Comments. To do so, find a comment by the offending user. To block by IP Address, in the Email, URL, IP Address column, click [ Block ] next to the IP address (i.e., XXX.XXX.XX.XXX).
To block by user, in the Date, Author column, click "Submitted by...". In the Comments: Moderate Comment view, locate the Author section. Next to the user, click [ Block ].