To add a menu item linking to an Article Layout for a static content item such as an About Us page:
1. Go to Menus and then click on the name of the menu in which you want to create a new item.
2. Click on "New."
3. From "Select Menu Type" click on "Articles," which will display many different types of articles.
4. Click on "Article Layout."
5. Fill in the title area. This text is what will display in the menu for this item.
6. Leave the Alias field blank (Non-profit soapbox will automatically create a web-friendly URL for you).
7. Select a parent item. The parent item dictates where in the menu this new menu item will appear. If you want the new menu item to appear as an item underneath an existing item, select that one as its "parent item." If you want it to be on the top level, simply select "top" as the parent item.
8. On the right side, under "Parameters (Basic)," click on "select."
9. This brings up a pop-up menu where you will find the article to which you want to link. You can search for it by entering its title next to "Filter," or you may search by section/category to find it. Once you've clicked on your article, the popup will disappear and you'll see the name of the article you've selected in the box next to "select article."
10. Hit save, and your new menu item will be created linking to the article of your choice.