Google Analytics is a helpful tool that tracks traffic on your website. This can include standard metrics tracked by Google including page views, bounce rates and time on site as well as Soapbox-specific enhancements such as file downloads, email links, and exit links to external sites. To get started, create a free account with Google Analytics. Once you have done so, enter your Google Analytics site tracking Id in Soapbox:
- Go to Extensions > Plugin Manager
- Find System - Google Analytics
- Click System - Google Analytics in the Plugin Name column to edit it
- For Enabled under Details, select Yes
- In the Tracking ID field under Parameters in the right column, insert your site's tracking Id provided by Google. You can choose to include the initial "UA-" or not (e.g., UA-10051584-2 or 10051584-2).
- For Primary Domain, enter the domain of your site
- Click Save
Once you have enabled the plugin, Google will begin collecting data. You will be able to review the status of this data collection by logging in to your Google Analytics account.
After the initial data collection has begun, you will be able to review your site traffic statistics, create goals, run experiments, and much more.