If you're using Taxonomy to organize your articles in the Soapbox CMS, you can create a menu item which displays a search form to filter articles by Taxonomy terms a visitor chooses from a list you define. To do so, you must first create a Filter to define the search form elements.
To create a Filter:
- Open the Taxonomy > Filters view in the administrator
- Click New
- Enter a Title for the Filter. This title will only be displayed in the administrator.
- Click Save
- In the Filters list, click the title of the Filter you just created to edit it and add Term Elements
- To the right of the page in the new window, click Add Term Element
- In the popup, enter a Name and a Label for the Term Element. The Name will only be displayed in the administrator, The Label will be displayed on the search form next to the term options you choose.
- Leave the Filter Published
- For Field Type, choose Radio Group, Dropdown, or Checkbox Group. Both Radio Group and Dropdown allow for only one option to be selected in this Term Element. Checkbox Group allows for multiple selections.
- Select the Terms you wish a visitor to have the ability to select
- Click Save
- To add another field to your Filter, click Add Term Element and repeat the process
- When finished, click Save
After your Filter is created, you can create a menu item which displays the Filter as a search form on your site.