The Created Date for an article defaults to the date and time the article is created. In most cases, there is no need to change it. In some instances, it is used by the system to sort a given page by date (e.g., as with press releases or news items), determines which item is displayed in a given module (e.g., if a What's New module is set to show only the most recent item), or is displayed to the end user under the article title, if your site has this enable.
In any of these cases, you may wish to change the Created Date to something other than the date and time the item was first created.
To change the Created Date:
- Go to Content > Article Manager
- Open the article whose Created Date you wish to change
- In the right column under Parameters (Article), locate the Created Date field
- Enter the desired date in the field by following the pattern of yyyy-mm-dd or by clicking on the menu icon to the right of the field and selecting the desired date
- The time is not required. Feel free to leave it as is or delete it entirely, if you so choose
- Click Save
- Go to the front end of the site to confirm that the changes have been made