You may very well want to link to an email address from with an article. It’s actually pretty easy, if you use the WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor.
Just follow these steps:
1) Navigate to the content item in which you want to create the link.
2) At the spot where you would like the link to appear, enter the anchor text. For example, if you are linking to the PICnet support email address, you could put the text, “a great company.”
2) Then, select (or, highlight) that text.
4) Now, click the “link” button in the editor above the text box.
This will bring up the link manager popup box:
5) Click the email icon (Highlighted in the image above.) This will bring up an emial dialogue box:
6) Fill in the email address, any CC or BCC that you wish, then enter the subject. These parameters will make the link autofill these lines when a visitor clicks on the email link.
7) Click "OK" on the dialog box, then “Insert” in the popup box.
You will see that your anchor text has turned into a link. Save the article, and you should be all set!