If your site has a password-protected area and its users are connected to Contact records in Salesforce, you can use the Salesforce User Manager to allow only individuals with a matching Contact to register.
To allow only existing Salesforce Contacts to register:
- Go to the Salesforce User Manager
- Confirm that the connection between your site registrations and Salesforce Contacts is enabled. If it isn't enable it.
- Click the Registration Options tab
- For Allow Only Existing Contacts to Register, choose Yes
- For Message For No Matching Contact, customize the message shown to visitors whose attempted registration yields no matching Contacts in Salesforce
- Click Save