If when you are trying to bring up a List View or a Record View of a record using Directories on the front-end, and you get the following error: "Error retrieving record" in a red box - it is likely that one of the fields that the record view is trying to pull has been changed or deleted.
In Salesforce check the object that the Directories form is accessing, and make sure each field that it is trying to access is still there and available to Soapbox.
If you have recently deleted or renamed any fields in the object, this is probably the case.
You can re-add the field in Salesforce.
1) Log Into your Soapbox Admin
3) Select the Directories form that has been effected
4) Select the List View or Record Display tab - depending on which view has been effected.
5) Find the field that has been effected and click the red "x" to the far right to delete it.
6) Now click Add Salesforce Element
7) In the "" dropdown, find the new version of the field and select it.
8) Set any other setting there as needed
9) Save the popup
10) Save the form
11) Clear the site cache (Instructions for that here.)
And test things out. You should now be able to view the record.