Before you'll be able to use the Soapbox Engage Actions app, you'll need to connect the app to your Google API service. This is really easy, following the step-by-step process below.
- Go to https://console.developers.google.com/home/dashboard
- Create a project, by following the on-screen prompt or clicking the dropdown to the left of the search field at the top of the page and choosing “Create project”.
- On the New Project popup window, for “Project name” write, “Soapbox Engage Actions App”, and then click the Create button
- Under API & Services in the left column, click the Library link
- On the API Manager's Library page, in the search box, type “Civic” and then click on the link "Google Civic Information API”
- On the resulting page, click the button called "Enable" at the top of the page
- On the next page click "Create credentials” button
- On the "Add credentials to your project" page, for the "Which API are you using?" dropdown, choose "Google Civic Information API" and click on "What Credentials Do I Need?" button
- On the "Add credentials to you project” page, click "server key" in the popup window
- Copy the API Key provided
- Login to your Soapbox Engage account
- Click the Actions menu link
- Click the Configuration button
- On the Actions Configuration page, enter the API key you just copied into the Google Civic Information API Key field and click the Save button.