If you have a Directories page which includes a text field from Salesforce that front end visitors can use to search, you can elect to define a set of distinct values to be searched on by the visitor by rendering the field as checkboxes, a picklist, or a multi-select picklist.
To alter the field type for a Salesforce field text field included in a Search Form:
- Open the Directories page you wish to customize
- Click on the Search Form tab
- Click on the Salesforce Element for the text field you wish to alter
- For Field Display Type, select whether you wish the field to be shown to a visitor as a text field, checkboxes, a picklist, or multi-select picklist when submitting the Search Form
- If you selected Checkboxes, Picklist, or Multi-select Picklist for Field Display Type, enter in the value option pairs from which you wish the visitor to select. The Option parameter defines what is shown to the visitor whereas the Value parameter defines what is queried in Salesforce. These can be the same or different from one another.
- If you selected Picklist or Multi-select Picklist for Field Display Type, customize the text to be used for an empty value in the field. This is what is selected by the visitor if they do not wish to search for a value in this field.
- If you selected Picklist or Multi-select Picklist for Field Display Type, choose to Show or Hide the empty option text to the visitor
- Click Save in the modal popup
- Click Save in the main form