If you have selected Stripe as your payment processor and wish to accept recurring payments through the Donations app, you will first need to create a Product and a Pricing Plan through the control panel in your Stripe account. These will be used to create a new Subscription in Stripe for the recurring donation. You will need at least one Product and one Pricing Plan to process recurring donations through Stripe.
To do so:
- Login to Stripe
- Go to Products
- Click New
- For Product Name, enter a name for the product. We suggest something akin to "Online monthly donation".
- Click Create Product
- On the next screen, enter a Plan Nickname. You can enter the same text you used for the Product Name: "Online monthly donation".
- Leave Id blank to allow Stripe to generate this
- For Pricing, keep Recurring Quantity selected
- For Price per Unit, enter "0.01"
- Click Add Pricing Plan
- On the subsequent view, click the name of the pricing plan you created under the Pricing Plans section
- On the Pricing Plan detail view, locate and copy the Plan Id. This will start with "plan_".
Once you have created the a Product and a Pricing Plan, enter the Plan ID as the Default Plan in the Payment Processor Settings.
Recurring payments accepted through the Donations app will create a Customer in Stripe and a corresponding Subscription for that Customer.
While the Payment Processor Settings accepts a Default Plan, you may also enter a unique Plan for individual Donation app pages.