If your site has the Soapbox CMS (Does my site have the Soapbox CMS?), with Soapbox Events, you can create a menu item that displays a monthly calendar of events that an end user can flip through from month to month. This calendar can be filtered by a Term or Terms, if you are using Taxonomy to associate Terms with Soapbox Events. You can also display a drop down which the end user can use to filter by a term of their choosing.
To create a menu item displaying Upcoming Events:
- Go to Menus > Main Menu (or the menu where the menu item is located)
- Click New
- From Select Menu Item Type, click Events
- In the options that expand under Events, click Calendar > Month
- In the Title field, type the name of the menu item that you wish to display to the end user
- Leave the Alias field blank. Non-Profit Soapbox will automatically create a web-friendly URL for you based on the title field. If you would like to customize the url, you can do so by entering text in the Alias field.
- Under Parent Item, select the appropriate menu item the new link should fall under. If it is a main level item, do not select anything.
- For Access Level, leave it as Public. If you have a password-protected area of the site and wish to only display this menu item to logged in users, choose Registered.
- Under Parameters (Basic) in the right column, for Show Introduction, choose which option you prefer to display or not display any introductory text included in the Event Details
- For Page Intro, enter the text you wish to display at the top of the page above the events list. You can include images, embedded video and other elements.
- For Parameters Advanced, if you wish to display only events associated with a given Taxonomy Term, click the Select button next to Select Term
- In the popup, select the Taxonomy Term or Terms you wish the events in the calendar to be associated with
- For Terms Filter, choose whether or not you wish to display a drop down of terms which will allow the end user to filter events displayed in the calendar by a term of their choosing. This drop down will either show all Taxonomy Terms for your site or only those under the parent Term selected for Soapbox Events in the Configuration.
- Click Save