Within a Directories page, you can include a Related List Element to display child records of the main form's primary records.
For instance, if you have a Directories page which is displaying data from the Account object, you could include a Related List Element which would show Contact records associated with a given Account.
Related List Elements can be included on either the List Display or Record Display views of a Directories page. They can be shown in Blog View or Table View formats. They will always be placed in the "related-data" View Position of the form which appears at the bottom of the other View Positions after the data from the parent record.
To include a Related List Element, you must first have created a Directories page pulling data from the child object in Salesforce. Only objects which are child objects of the primary object can be included as a Related List Element.
To add a Related List to a Directories page:
- Open the Directories page to which you wish to add the Related List Element
- Click on List Display, or Record Display, depending on where you wish to include the Related List
- Click on Add Related List Element
- From the Form drop down, select the Directories page which you wish to include as a Related List. This drop down will only include eligible forms which access Salesforce objects properly related to the object of the primary Directories page.
- For Related Field, if multiple reference fields might be used to relate the related list to the object of the main Directory, select which should be used. In most cases, only one reference field will be available and you can leave the default setting in place.
- For List Limit, enter the maximum number of records you wish to display in the Related List, if different from the settings within the form itself
- For Access Level, if you have a password-protected area of your site, you can elect to limit visibility of the Related List to only logged in users with Registered or Special access. Otherwise, leave the default setting as Public.
- Click Save
Current limitations of the Related List forms
- Records displayed in the results for a Related List cannot be linked to their Record Detail view. Only the List Detail view can be shown at this time.
- In order for Related List data to appear on a Record Detail view of a parent Directory form, the parent Directory menu item must have the Enable Default Results parameter set to Yes.