How you create and customize the URL and Page Title of a Store in Soapbox Shop is determined by the version of the Soapbox administrator your site has.
|I have the Soapbox Engage Administrator with...||I have the Soapbox CMS Administrator with...|
To customize the URL and Page Title of a Shop Store within the Soapbox Engage administrator:
- Go to the Shop Stores module on the home page of the administrator
- Locate the Store you wish to view in the Shop Stores module
- Click Customize URL
- In the popup, enter a custom URL you wish to use. This should be web-safe, containing no spaces or characters no suitable for inclusion in a URL.
- For Page Title, enter the text you wish to appear in the page title bar of the visitor's browser and in search engine results
- Click Save
If the Store is not shown in the Shop Stores module on the home page:
- Click View All in the module --OR-- click Shop in the main menu and click Stores Manager
- In the Stores Manager, click the Store you wish to update
- On the Basics tab next to URL, click Customize URL
- In the popup, enter a custom url you wish to use. This should be web-safe, containing no spaces or characters no suitable for inclusion in a URL
- For Page Title, enter the text you wish to appear in the page title bar of the visitor's browser and in search engine result
- Click Save
To customize the URL and Page Title of a Shop Store within the Soapbox CMS administrator:
- Mouse over Menus in the main menu
- In the drop down, click the menu in which you wish the Shop Store menu item to be placed
- Click New (+) icon in the upper right
- Under "Select Menu Item Type" choose "Soapbox Shop > Store > Store"
- In the new screen, for Title, add the title that you would like for your new page
- For Alias:
- Leave this blank, if you wish Soapbox to automatically generate the alias using URL-safe characters based on the title you provide (e.g., "Order Now!" becomes "order-now"; or
- Enter your own alias using URL-safe characters
- For Parent Item, choose where you want the menu item to live
- For Published, choose Yes
- For Access Level, leave it as Public unless you want the page to only be available to logged in users (in which case you may want to make it a Registered or Special access level page)
- For On Click, Open In, leave it as "Parent Window With Browser Navigation"
- In the right column for Parameters (Basic) > Select Form, click Select
- In the Select popup, click the Shop Store you wish to use for this menu item
- Click Save