Step 5: Connect Amazon Simple Email Services (SES) to Amazon Simple Notification Services (SNS)
Estimated time: 2 minutes
Now that you’ve configured both Amazon Simple Email Services (SES) to Amazon Simple Notification Services (SNS), you can connect the two so that real-time bounce and complaint notifications go from SES to SNS to Salesforce.
To do so:
- Go to the SES console at https://console.aws.amazon.com/ses/home
- On the left side of the screen, under Navigation, click on the Verified Senders link
- Click on the first verified sender’s email address
- In the pane at the bottom of the screen, click on the Feedback Details tab
- In the Feedback Details tab, click the Edit Configuration button
- In the Edit Notification Configuration popup, under the SNS Configuration section, for Bounces choose the option “ses-bounces-topic”
- For Complaints, choose the option “ses-complaints-topic”
- If you prefer not to receive an email notification directly to your verified sender email account, turn off email notifications to this address by choosing “Disabled” under the Email Feedback Forwarding section. NOTE: For getting started, we recommend leaving this set as “Enabled”.
- Click the Save Config button
- Repeat steps a-g for all email addresses you have listed as verified senders