In the Shop app, you can create a product that is a digital download. When a digital download is included in an order, a section of the Shop standard confirmation email called Digital Downloads will include the name and hyperlink to the product's file.
To set a product as a digital download:
- Open the Shop Products Manager
- Click the Product Name you wish to set as a digital download to open the edit view
- Enter or update relevant information on the Basics tab
- On the Basics tab in the Product Information section, for Digital Product, select Yes
- In the Digital Product URL parameter that appears, enter the URL of the digital file. This file may be stored anywhere that is publicly accessible.
- Click Save
If the product has variants, you must set a digital download URL for each variant. If the Digital Product URL parameter is populated for the parent product when you create the variants, this URL will be included with each variant on creation. You can also identify a unique Digital Product URL for each variant.
To set a unique Digital Product URL for a variant:
- In the add/edit Product view, click the Variant tab
- Click the name of the Variant you wish to edit
- For Digital Product URL, enter the URL of the digital file. This file may be stored anywhere that is publicly accessible.
- Click Save
- In the main add/edit Product View, click Save
How are digital downloads handled in the Shop shopping cart email confirmation using the standard template for invoiced orders?
Hyperlinks to all free digital downloads included in an order will be included in the email confirmation regardless of payment status. Paid digital downloads will only be included in the email confirmation if the payment has been completed for the order by credit card.
If the invoice option is enabled and selected for a Shop shopping cart order, no paid digital download will be included in the email confirmation. You will need to send any paid digital download manually once you are received payment.
Can I use the Shop shopping cart custom template for the email confirmation with digital downloads?
At this time, the custom template for the email confirmation sent for the Shop shopping cart experience does not support the inclusion of digital download links. You will need to send any digital download manually.
Can I include digital downloads as products in a Shop Store?
You may but the digital download links will not be included in confirmation email. You will need to send the digital download manually.