With recent releases of Soapbox, we've made it even easier for your most valued visitors to register for events in our Events app and included additional enhancements across Soapbox.
Within the Events app, you can set a ticket to be available only to logged in users. Now, for events with tickets available only to logged in users, you can choose to display a login prompt to anonymous front-end users that appears on the event detail page and encourages them to login to access these restricted tickets. This login prompt includes text you can customize along with a login link that will direct the user to a login form - and redirect them back to the event detail page once they have logged in.
For more details, check out our Soapbox Support Center article.
In addition, we updated the language used on the Ticket table for the registration view to match that customized by the administrator for Ticket table on the event detail view. Previously, if you customized the language on the event detail view, the registration view still used the default language.
Further enhancements to the Events app included the following for the upcoming Courses and Classes add on functionality:
- Added a gradient that is applied to the results table on the event search view for courses and classes while the results list is being refreshed after search parameters are changed or the sort order is alerted so it is clear to the user when that process is complete
- Resolved an issue with the Start Time search filter in the event search view for courses and classes
- Allowed the administrator to customize the default start and end time markers for the Start Time search filter
- Improved the display of the Start Time search filter
- Allowed the administrator to customize the Details link for Search Classes, Browse Classes, Taxonomy with Courses and Classes and Instructor with Courses and Classes views
- Added a Page Intro and Page Outro for the shopping cart check out page
- Created the ability for an administrator to toggle whether or not a front end logged in user can type in attendee information when family registration is enabled or to always require an logged in user to select a family member
- Updated merge field data for order summary in confirmation message and email confirmation text
- Resolved issue with the Search Form where no picklist options were appearing in Soapbox if the Salesforce picklist field being displayed had only one picklist option
- Resolved issue where no picklist options were appearing in Soapbox if the Salesforce picklist field being displayed had only one picklist option
All apps for forms associated with a Campaign
We also resolved an issue in Actions, Donations, Events, Petitions and Shop that was causing their Campaign [Select] modal popups to not display results if Soapbox was accessing Salesforce with a user that didn't have access to the Parent Campaign field.