Those using the Events app have long been able to create custom fields to get exactly the information they're after for those attending their event. They haven't been able to add custom fields for the registration as a whole.
That is, until today.
With the latest update to Soapbox, administrators can add Salesforce Lead fields to the Contact Information section of the reservation form. Toss in any number of field types from Salesforce, include default values, set fields as required, adjust field order, and much more - all allowing you to capture information about the reservation as a whole or the registrant specifically, and have that data sent to Salesforce.
For more details, check out these Soapbox Support articles:
- Adding custom fields from Salesforce to the Contact Information section of an Event registration form
- Reordering Custom Salesforce Fields in the Contact Information section of an Event registration form
- Requiring a custom Salesforce field checkbox to be ticked for an Event registration to be submitted
- Displaying a picklist field as a type ahead text field in the Contact Information section of an Event registration form
- Prepopulating Contact Information fields on an Event registration form through a URL parameter