In the Search Classes view, you can enable or disable standard search fields or create custom search fields based on Taxonomy Terms. One of standard field you can include is the Start Time for the class. This will display to the front-end visitor as a slider that they can use to select their desired window of time during the day for the class.
In addition, you have the option to enable an Alternate Field Format for the search field. This will allow the visitor to specific a particular time they use for their search with you setting the number of minutes before and after that time to create the search range.
If you enable the Alternate Field Format, you will be asked to identify the conditions which will determine that this field is used rather than the slider.
To enable and customize this standard search field:
- Open the Searches item you wish to edit
- Click the Search Form tab
- For Start Date standard field element, you can click the icon in the Published column to show or hide from the visitor as well as click and hold the plus sign in the Order column to move its location on the search form
- To customize the Start Date search parameter, click the Edit icon in the far right column
- In the modal popup:
- For Label, customize the text for the search field as it will appear to the visitor
- For Published, select Yes or No
- For Default Start, enter a default start time of the Start Time range to appear in the search form using the format HH:MM AM/PM such as 9:00 AM, 1:15 PM, 5:00 PM, etc.
- For Default End, enter a default end time of the Start Time range to appear in the search form using the format HH:MM AM/PM such as 9:00 AM, 1:15 PM, 5:00 PM, etc.
- For Slider Increments, choose how many minutes are added or subtracted per slider position when the visitor moves the slider.
- For Enable Alternate Field Format, select Yes to enable the Alternate Field for the Start Time search. If you choose to enable the Alternate Field Format, choose the conditions that need to be met to enable the Alternate Field Format. These conditions will be values selected by the user for Taxonomy Term search fields. In addition, you may do the following:
- For Alternate Field Label, customize the label shown to the visitor for the Alternate Field Format
- For Search X Minutes Before, enter the number of minutes prior to the time entered by the visitor that should define the start to the start time search range
- For Search X Minutes After, enter the number of minutes after to the time entered by the visitor that should define the end to the start time search range
- For Alternate Field Format Default Value, enter a default value in the format hh:mm am/pm. In addition to literal text, you may use user-defined session variables or Salesforce Contact field variables for a logged in user as the Default Value.
- Click Save