In the Search Classes view, you can enable or disable standard search fields or create custom search fields based on Taxonomy Terms. When creating a search field using Taxonomy Terms, you can choose to create as many as you wish and choose how a given field will be rendered to the front-end visitor.
To create a Taxonomy Term custom search field for Search Classes view:
- Open the Searches item you wish to edit
- Click the Search Form tab
- Click Add Term Field
- In the modal popup, for Label, enter the field label you wish to display to the front-end visitor
- For Published, select Yes or No
- For Field Type, select a) Radio Group, b) Dropdown, or c) Checkbox Group. Selecting Radio Group or Dropdown will allow only one selection by the visitor. Selecting Checkbox Group will allow a visitor to select multiple options.
- Under Field Type is a list of all available Taxonomy Terms on your site. Tick the checkbox to the left of each Term you wish to include in this search parameter.
- Click Save
Once the Taxonomy Term custom search field is created, from the main add/edit Search view, you can click the icon in the Published column to show or hide from the visitor as well as click and hold the plus sign in the Order column to move its location on the search form.