In the Search Classes view, you can enable or disable standard search fields or create custom search fields based on Taxonomy Terms. One of standard field you can include is the Course Name for the class. This will display to the front-end visitor as an auto-complete multi-select drop down where, as they type, they will be given suggestions of existing Courses in your Classes app to add to their search.
To enable and customize this standard search field:
- Open the Searches item you wish to edit
- Click the Search Form tab
- For Course Name standard field element, you can click the icon in the Published column to show or hide from the visitor as well as click and hold the plus sign in the Order column to move its location on the search form
- To customize the Course Name search parameter, click the Edit icon in the far right column
- In the modal popup:
- For Label, customize the text for the search field as it will appear to the visitor
- For Default Value, enter a default value for the field. In addition to literal text, you may use user-defined session variables or Salesforce Contact field variables for a logged in user as the Default Value.
- For Published, select Yes or No
- Click Save