As part of the Shop shopping cart experience, you can create a view that allows front-end users the ability to search all of your published products. This search view provides a text field where the user can enter a string that will search the Product Title, Product Summary, Product Description and Product Code fields of products for values that contain that string.
For sites using our portal service, Products whose Access Level is set to Registered or Special will only be displayed to logged in users with the proper access level. For anonymous users, they will not be displayed even if they match the search string.
To create a Search Products view:
- Go to the Menu Manager for your administrator
- Open the menu in which you wish to create the Search Products view by clicking the icon in the Menu Item(s) column. For most Engage sites without the Soapbox content management system, this will likely be the Hidden Menu or Soapbox Engage Menu but can vary based on your site structure.
- Click New
- Under Select Menu Item Type, click Soapbox Shop
- In the options that expand, click Search
- In the Title field of the form that opens, type the name of the menu item that you wish to display to the end user
- In the Alias field, you may leave this blank to have Soapbox automatically create the final portion of the URL for this page based on the title or you can customize your own alias
- Under Parent Item, select the appropriate menu item the new link should fall under. If it is a main level item, do not select anything. For most Engage sites without the Soapbox content management system, you will likely keep this as a top level menu item.
- In the right column, for Enable Default Results, select Yes if you wish all published products to appear on initial page load or No if you only wish matching results to appear after the visitor submits the search form
- For Products Per Page, select how many results you wish to appear per page in the paginated results
- For Intro, enter the content you wish to appear at the top of the Search Products view
- For Outro, enter the content you wish to appear at the top of the Search Products view
- For No Records Found, enter the content you wish to appear when no records match the visitor's search
- Click Save
- In the Menu Item Manager, use the green arrow keys to shift the order of the new menu item in relation to existing items. This will affect how the menu item is displayed on the front-end of the site.