In the Shop app, you can charge shipping costs based on the total price of all shippable products included in a Shop Store or Shop shopping cart order. To assess price-based shipping charges, you must create price-based shipping ranges that will be used to calculate charges. These ranges define the amount of the shipping charge when the total cost of shippable products falls within a defined range. You can create as many ranges as you wish.
Once you have created your range or ranges, you'll then set individual products to which the charge should apply as Shippable. See Creating or editing a product in the Products Manager for further details.
To create a price-based shipping range:
- Open the Configuration for the Shop app
- Click the Shipping tab
- Click Add Shipping Rate
- For Name, enter a title for the shipping rate. This is for internal use only.
- For Shipping Rate Amount, enter the amount to be added to the order for shipping charges if the order falls within the defined range
- For Minimum Order Price, set the low end of the range such that the order must be equal to or greater than this value for the shipping rate to apply. You may leave this as blank if you wish it to apply to all orders, including free orders. If you wish the lowest range to apply to all paid orders and not free orders, enter 0.01.
- For Maximum Order Price, set the high end of the range such that the order must be equal to or less than this value for the shipping rate to apply. You may leave this as blank if you wish to have no upper limit to this range.
- Click Save
- Repeat this process for each range you wish to add
Can I use only one price-based shipping range?
Yes. If you wish to create a range that applies to the total for all shippable products, including free products, create a range with no Minimum Order Price and no Maximum Order Price. If you wish to create a range that applies to the total of all shippable products that are not free, create a range with a 0.01 Minimum Order Price and no Maximum Order Price.
Is there a limit to the number of price-based shipping ranges I can create?
No, there is no set limit.
How is the shippable total calculated for a Shop Store or Shop shopping cart order?
The shippable total is the sum of all products designated as shippable after any promo code has been applied. As an example, let's say someone places the following order:
- 2 x Product A (Shippable) @ $10/each = $20
- 5 x Product B (Shippable) @ $10/each minus $5/each promo code = $25
- 1 x Product C (Not Shippable) @ $100 = $100
- Optional Donation @ $500 = $500
The shippable total for this order is $45 and whichever range this fell into would have its value added a shipping cost.