With recent updates to Soapbox, we've added several key functionalities that increase your power as an admin and improve the front-end user experience.
First, the Shop app now supports price-based shipping charges. As an admin, you can now define shipping costs that are added to a Shop Store or shopping cart order based on the total cost of all products included in the order that are marked as shippable. Define one or multiple ranges for these shipping charges to better cover your costs.
In support of the price-based shipping feature, we've added a parameter to the add/edit Products view so you can designate a given product as shippable. If it is shippable, it is subject to price-based shipping charges.
In addition, we have introduced conditional shipping fields in the Shop Store and shopping cart views. Now, you can set the Shipping Address and Shipping Email Address fields to appear only if a shippable product has been included in the visitor's order.
And, finally, we've enhanced the Search Products and Collections views to work with our portal add on service. If you set a given product as being available to only Registered or Special users, only logged in users with the appropriate permissions will be able to see the product in the search results or Collections view.
- Added support for price-based shipping for Shop Store and Shop shopping cart orders
- Added the option to designate a given Product as shippable
- Created the option to show or hide Shipping Address and Shipping Email Address fields on the Shop Store and Shop shopping cart views conditionally based on whether an order contains a product that is shippable
- Updated the Search Products view to grant access to a given product based the Access Level defined for the product so only logged in users with the appropriate permissions can see Products set as Registered or Special for their Access Level
- Updated the Collections view to grant access to a given product based the Access Level defined for the product so only logged in users with the appropriate permissions can see Products set as Registered or Special for their Access Level
- Creating price-based shipping ranges to apply to shippable products in Stores and the shopping cart
- Creating or editing a product in the Products Manager
- Customizing the shipping label and selecting the Pricebook Entry from Salesforce for a Store
- Customizing the shipping label and selecting the Pricebook Entry from Salesforce for the Shop shopping cart
- Accounting for Shipping Costs when Creating Products
- Enabling collection of Shipping Information on the Shop shopping cart order form
- Enabling collection of Shipping Information on a Store order form
- Creating a Search Products view for the Shop shopping cart experience
- Creating a Collections view of Products for the Shop shopping cart experience