The Donations app supports the use of Apple Pay for visitors using the Safari browser or an Apple iOS device. Enabling Apple Pay for use with the Donations app is a simple two-step process, the first being done in your Stripe account and the second in Soapbox.
Enabling Apple Pay for your Soapbox site in Stripe
To set up Apple Pay to accept payments from your Soapbox site:
Login to your Stripe account
From the Apple Pay settings page, click + Add new domain.
- Enter the top-level domain or sub-domain of your Soapbox site where you will be enabling Apple Pay (e.g. example.secure.nonprofitsoapbox.com, example.com or engage.example.com).
NOTE: Stripe will have instructions for adding a verification file. This step has already been taken by Soapbox and you can disregard those instructions.
Enabling Apple Pay in the Donations app in Soapbox
Once you have added your Soapbox domain in Stripe, you may enable Apple Pay globally so that is an option for all Donations forms by default. To do so:
- Open the Configuration for the Donations app
- On the Payment tab under the General section, choose Yes for Enable Apple Pay
- Click Save
You may also set the status for Apple Pay for individual Donation pages. To do so:
- Open the Donation form for which you wish to set the status of Apple Pay
- Click the Payment tab
- In the Billing Information section, for Enable Apple Pay, select Use Global Config to follow the setting in Donations > Configuration, Yes, or No. The default value is Use Global Config.
- Click Save