When creating product Variants for a parent Product, each Variant uses the Product Code of the parent as its default value. You can alter this for a given Variant if you wish.
To do so:
- Open the Shop Products Manager
- Click the Product Name of the parent Product whose Variant you wish to edit
- In the add/edit Product view, click the Variant tab
- Click the name of the Variant you wish to edit
- For Product Code, enter the code for this Variant
- Click Save
- In the main add/edit Product View, click Save
NOTE: Rather than using different Product Codes for each Variant, you may wish to retain the same Product Code for all Variants of a parent Product and set a unique SKU for each Variant instead.