If you choose to enable reservations for a Soapbox Event, you will need to create at least one ticket type for that event.
To create a ticket type:
- Open the Soapbox Event for which you wish to add a ticket
- Click the Edit tab
- In the Ticket Information section, click Add Ticket.
NOTE: The Add Ticket button will not appear until the Event has been saved initially. If it hasn't appeared, click Apply for the Event. This will save the event and allow you to add tickets.
- In the popup window, enter a Name for the ticket
- For Description, if you wish to add text to appear directly below the Ticket Type name on the event detail and event registration form view, enter it here
- For Published, choose Yes or No
- For Permission Type, select Access Levels or User Groups. If your site does not restrict access to content by requiring individuals to login or you wish all end users to register using this ticket, you may leave this set to Access Level with Public selected. Otherwise:
- If you select Access Levels for Permission Type, for Access Level, choose Public, Registered, or Special, depending on which type of end user you wish to be able to register using this ticket. If you select Special, only logged in users in the Special access level will be able to register using this ticket. If you select Registered, logged in users in either the Registered or Special access level will be able to register using this ticket.
- If you select User Groups for Permission Type, use the dualing picklist that appears to select which User Groups should have access to this ticket. You may select either standard User Groups or custom User Groups. You may also select Manager and/or Administrator back-end user groups if you wish to grant access to a ticket to admin users logging into the front-end of Soapbox.
- For Price, if it is a paid ticket, select the option next to the blank field and enter a dollar amount associated with this ticket, making sure to not include the $. If it is a free event, leave the default selection as Free.
- For QTY Available, enter the maximum number of registrations available for this ticket. If registration for this ticket is unlimited, leave this field blank.
- For Minimum Tickets, enter a minimum number of tickets any ticket orderer must reserve. If there is no minimum, leave the field blank. If a minimum is defined, the drop down field for the number of tickets to be ordered will start with the number you define.
- For Maximum Tickets, enter the total number of tickets a ticket orderer may reserve for any single reservation. If no maximum is defined, it will default to 20 maximum tickets per ticket type per order. If a maximum is defined, the drop down field for the number of tickets to be ordered will stop with the number you define.
- For Begin Sales, enter the date you wish this ticket to be available for reservations. The default value will be today's date.
NOTE: A ticket will be available as of 12:00 am, per the system time zone of your website, of the date of the Begin Sales date. As an example, if you set the Begin Sales to 2/1/2017, tickets will be available as of 12:00 am on 2/1/2017.
- For Sales Expiration Date, enter the date after which you wish this ticket to no longer be available for reservations. The default value will be the date of the event.
NOTE: A ticket will no longer be available as of 12:00 am, per the system time zone of your website, of the date after the Sales Expiration Date. As an example, if you set the Sales Expiration Date to 2/1/2017, tickets will no longer be available as of 12:00 am on 2/2/2017.
- Click Save
- If you wish to add another ticket, click Add Ticket and repeat the process