If your site has Salesforce integration enabled to connect it to your Salesforce instance, you can include custom fields in the attendee information form beyond the standard fields available in Soapbox Events.
To do so, you must first add the field in Salesforce to BOTH the Ticket Temp and Tickets objects. Each field should have the exact same Field Name as each other.
NOTE: You must have Soapbox Events for Salesforce managed package Version 2.1 or greater to have attendee information saved to Salesforce and to successfully add Custom Salesforce Fields to an attendee form. If you need to upgrade from an earlier version, you may do so by accessing this link after logging in to your Salesforce instance.
In addition, Soapbox Events for Salesforce managed packages requires EITHER the Enterprise Edition of Salesforce OR the following versions of the Nonprofit Success Pack managed packages or higher: Contacts and Organizations, v. 2.1.2, Households v.2.4.4, Relationships v. 1.52, Affiliations v 1.55. Click here to access the latest packages.
Once you have added the field to the Ticket Temp and Tickets objects in Salesforce, you may add them to your Soapbox Event by doing the following:
After logging into the administrator, click the Clear Cache icon in the header of the administrator. This will refresh data about your Salesforce instance and let Soapbox know you have added a new field.
- Open the Soapbox Event to which you wish to add your custom field
- Click the Attendee Info tab
- Scroll down to the Custom Salesforce Fields section
- Click Add Salesforce Element to the right of the page
- In the popup, for Salesforce Field, choose the desired field you added to your Salesforce instance
- Confirm that the Type of field is identified after you have select your field from the drop down
- If you have chosen a boolean field, for Checkbox, choose whether you wish this to be displayed as a checkbox (Yes) or as a radio button group (No)
- For Label, enter the text you wish to display to the visitor
- For Default Value, if you wish, enter text you wish to appear when the visitor first opens the form. If you have select a picklist field, make sure that your default value matches an existing picklist option in Salesforce. If you have selected a boolean field, use false or true, as defaults.
You can also use variables representing values from fields on the Contact record of the logged in user, if you have User Integration enabled. For these as well as other variables you can use, check out this Forms app article.
- For Tooltip, enter text you wish to appear when a visitor mouses over the label of this field
- For Field Size, designate if the width of the field should be Large, Medium, or Small
- For CSS Keywords, enter keywords you wish to use to customize the display of this field in the attendee form. The following groups of CSS Keywords are available as options, each one of the group applied to a single field. They divide the horizontal space available to the form into fractions noted in their names:
- leftHalf rightHalf
- leftThird middleThird rightThird
- leftFourth middleFourth rightFourth
- leftFifth middleFifth rightFifth
- For Published, choose whether or not you wish to display this field to visitors
- For Required, choose whether or not you wish to require this field
- For Hidden, choose whether or not you wish to include this field on the form but not display it to the visitor. This is helpful if you wish to include a Default Value that is passed as a value to the Salesforce record which is created.
- For Access Level, choose whether you wish this field to be available to anyone or only to logged in users.
- Click Save