If your site has Salesforce integration enabled to connect it to your Salesforce instance, you can include custom fields for a Product in the Shop app. Adding custom fields to a Product will cause them to be applied to all Stores in which that product is included. Currently, any of the following field types can be used:
- text area
- long text area
- rich text area
Support for the following field types will be added in the future: datetime and multiselect picklist.
To add custom fields to a Product, you must first add the field in Salesforce to BOTH the OLI Temp and Opportunity Product objects in Salesforce. Each field should have the exact same name as each other.
NOTE: You must have Soapbox Shop for Salesforce managed package Version 1.1 or greater to use this feature. If you need to upgrade from an earlier version, review details here.
Once you have added the field to the OLI Temp and Opportunity Product objects in Salesforce, you may add them to a Product in the Shop app by doing the following:
- Login into you administrator
- Click the Clear Cache icon in the header of the administrator. This will refresh data about your Salesforce instance and let Soapbox know you have added a new field.
- Open the Product to which you wish to add your custom fields
- Scroll down to the Custom Salesforce Fields section
- Click Add Salesforce Element to the right of the page
- In the popup, for Salesforce Field, choose the desired field you added to your Salesforce instance
NOTE: At this time, only Boolean, text, text area, long text area, rich text area, and picklist field types will work as custom fields in Products. Datetime and multiselect picklist field types will be added in the future.
- Confirm that the Type of field is identified after you have select your field from the drop down
- For Label, enter the text you wish to display to the visitor
- For Default Value, if you wish, enter text you wish to appear when the visitor first opens the form. If you have select a picklist field, make sure that your default value matches an existing picklist option in Salesforce. If you have selected a Boolean field, use false or true, as defaults.
- For Tooltip, enter text you wish to appear when a visitor mouses over the label of this field
- For Field Size, designate if the width of the field should be Large, Medium, or Small
- For CSS Keywords, enter keywords you wish to use to customize the display of this field in the attendee form. The following groups of CSS Keywords are available as options, each one of the group applied to a single field. They divide the horizontal space available to the form into fractions noted in their names:
- leftHalf rightHalf
- leftThird middleThird rightThird
- leftFourth middleFourth rightFourth
- leftFifth middleFifth rightFifth
- For Published, choose whether or not you wish to display this field to visitors
- For Required, choose whether or not you wish to require this field
- For Hidden, choose whether or not you wish to include this field on the form but not display it to the visitor. This is helpful if you wish to include a Default Value that is passed as a value to the Salesforce record which is created.
- For Access Level, choose whether you wish this field to be available to anyone or only to logged in users.
- Click Save