As an administrator, if your site has a front-end user portal, you can login as a front-end user, essentially assuming their identity, from the administrator. When logged in as the front-end user, you have the ability to see and do anything that user is able to see and do.
As a first step, to ensure that you have the permissions to login as a front-end user, open your administrator user in the User Manager and confirm that you have the Allow Login as External User parameter set to Yes.
To login as a front-end user:
- Open the User Manager
- Locate the user you wish to login as
- Click the name of the user to open the edit view
- In the upper right, click Login As User
- In the popup, confirm your identity
- After confirming your identity, a new tab will open loading the redirect login URL set in the administrator with you logged in as the front-end user. A gray banner at the top of the view will confirm the name and username of the user you are logged in as. This banner will remain present as you navigate around the site as that user.
- To logout as the front-end user, click the Log Out link in the gray banner or any logout button on the site itself