In the Events app, administrators have the option of applying their own custom validation requirements, or rules, to any standard or custom registration fields in the Contact Information or Attendee Information forms sections. This is done by creating a regular expression, or REGEX, that defines the acceptable format for a response in a given field. This will limit the values that can be input into a field.
For common examples of REGEX formats, check out Creating regular expression (REGEX) custom validation rules for Event registration fields.
To customize the field validation requirements for standard fields in the Contact Information section of an Event registration:
- Open the Event to which you wish to add your custom validation rule
- Click the Reservation Info tab
- At the bottom of the Contact Fields section, click Customize Headings and Labels
- In the section that expands, scroll down to the group of parameters related to the field to which you wish to apply the validation rule
- For the Expected Input Format parameter that appears for the desired field, select "Regular Expression"
- In the Regular Expression parameter that appears for the desired field, enter the regular expression, e.g. REGEX, you wish to use to define the validation rule
- In the Custom Error Message parameter that appears for the desired field, enter the error text you wish to appear if a visitor enters a value that does not conform to the regular expression
- Click Save