If your site has Microsoft Dynamics integration enabled to connect it to your Dynamics instance and you use Microsoft Dynamics for Marketing, you can include custom questions that you create in Dynamics for Marketing in the Attendee Information form of an Event. These questions will appear below the standard fields in the Attendee Information form.
To add fields from Microsoft Dynamics for Marketing, you must first associate your Soapbox Event with an event in Dynamics.
After doing so:
- Open the Event to which you wish to add your custom field
- Click the Attendee Info tab
- Scroll down to the CustomMicrosoft Dynamics for MarketingFields section
- Click Add Element to the right of the page
- In the popup, for Field, choose the desired custom question you added to your Microsoft instance and associated with this event
- Confirm that the Type of field is identified after you have select your field from the drop down
- If you have chosen a Boolean field, for Checkbox, choose whether you wish this to be displayed as a checkbox (Yes) or as a radio button group (No).
- For Label, enter the text you wish to display to the visitor
- For Default Value, if you wish, enter text you wish to appear when the visitor first opens the form. If you have selected a picklist field, make sure that your default value matches an existing picklist option in Dynamics. If you have selected a Boolean field, use false or true, as defaults.
- For Tooltip, enter text you wish to appear when a visitor mouses over the label of this field
- For Field Size, designate if the width of the field should be Large, Medium, or Small
- For CSS Keywords, enter keywords you wish to use to customize the display of this field in the attendee form. The following groups of CSS Keywords are available as options, each one of the group applied to a single field. They divide the horizontal space available to the form into fractions noted in their names:
- leftHalf rightHalf
- leftThird middleThird rightThird
- leftFourth middleFourth rightFourth
- leftFifth middleFifth rightFifth
- For Published, choose whether or not you wish to display this field to visitors
- For Required, choose whether or not you wish to require this field
- For Hidden, choose whether or not you wish to include this field on the form but not display it to the visitor. This is helpful if you wish to include a Default Value that is passed as a value to the Dynamics record which is created.
- For Access Level, choose whether you wish this field to be available to anyone or only to logged in users.
- If you have selected a picklist field in Dynamics, you may choose to exclude certain options by ticking the checkbox next to each.
- Click Save