With the Soapbox Events app, you can choose to show or hide tickets whose Begin Sales and Sales Expiration Date are outside the current date when visitors view the Event Details page. Choosing to show tickets will have all tickets, regardless of date, appear on the details view. Choosing to hide tickets will have any expired tickets whose Sales Expiration Date has past or any future tickets whose Begin Sales date has not yet arrived to be hidden on the Event Details page.
Regardless of your choice for the Events Details page, tickets which have expired or are not yet available will not appear on the registration view and will not be available for visitors to use when registering.
To set visibility for an individual event:
- Open the Soapbox Event for which you wish to set ticket visibility
- Click the Edit tab
- In the right column, click Parameters (View) to open the module
- For Enable Sales Date Filter:
- Choose Use Global Config, if you wish to have this event's behavior determined by the global setting under Events > Configuration. This is the recommended setting. For more details on setting the Events > Configuration value, see Setting the default value for showing or hiding tickets based on Begin Sales and Sales Expiration Date values on Event Details pages.
- Choose Yes, if you wish tickets with a Begin Sales date that has not arrived or a Sales Expiration Date to not be displayed on the Event Detail view. Choosing this value affects this event only and will mean the access filter parameter in the Events Configuration will no longer apply to this event.
- Choose No, if you wish expired and future tickets to be shown on the Event Detail view but not displayed or available on the registration view. These will not be displayed or available on the registration view. Choosing this value affects this event only and will mean the access filter parameter in the Events Configuration will no longer apply to this event.
- Click Save