You can create Predefined Amounts which appear as options to your visitors as well as a custom amount field so visitors can define their own payment amount. Unique Predefined Amounts can be created for one-time and recurring donations.
These predefined options can display only amounts:
They can also include text, making them useful for various other applications such as the collection of member dues payments for associations when the Custom Amount Field is hidden:
What's more, a unique Level Code can be associated with a Predefined Amount. This Level Code is saved to Salesforce and can be used to create automations that will address unique business processes for your organization. A common example is using a Level Code to identify a specific membership option that a user has selected. A Level Code can also be applied to the custom amount fields. Level Codes are optional.
To create Predefined Amounts and show or hide the Custom Amount Field
- Open the Donation form for which you wish to create Predefined Amounts or show or hide the Custom Amount field
- Click the Payment tab
- In the left column under both One-Time Payments and Recurring Payments, enter a Predefined Amount in the first blank field. If you wish to add only an amount, add it without a dollar sign, comma, or decimal.
If you wish to display text rather than an amount, enter the amount of the transaction followed by a semicolon and the text to display to the visitor. For example: 500;Supporter Level - $500. In this case, $500 will be charged to the visitor and they will only see the text appearing after the semicolon.
You may also enter an optional Level Code to the right of the Predefined Amount. This value will be saved to Salesforce. It is optional.
- To add additional Predefined Amounts, click "Click to add payment amount". To remove an existing Predefined Amount, click Remove below the amount.
- For Amount Orientation, choose to position the radio buttons or touch buttons for the Predefined Amounts horizontally or vertically
- For Custom Amount Field, choose Show, if you wish visitors to enter their own payment amount, or Hide, if you wish to force them to select a Predefined Amount. You may also enter an optional Level Code for the Custom Amount field, if you wish.
- If you wish to customize the default text appearing as the Section Heading of "Donation Amount", click Customize Headings and Labels in the Payment Frequency section at the top of the tab to expand the form and alter the text for Section Heading.
- Click Save