When a donor makes a monthly donation through a Donation app form, a recurring payment is created with your payment processor. Your processor will then process subsequent recurring payments each month with no intervention from Soapbox.
To enable the ability for your payment processor to notify Soapbox of subsequent recurring payments so that transaction data is stored in Soapbox under Donations > Transactions and then sent to Salesforce (if you have Salesforce enabled), you will need to follow these steps:
STEP 1 - FOR SALESFORCE INTEGRATION ONLY:
If you have Salesforce integration enabled, notifications of subsequent payments received by Soapbox will create a Lead record in Salesforce for the subsequent transaction. To successfully onboard and convert this Lead record, you must:
- 1a: Confirm that you have Soapbox Recurring Donation Payment record types for both the Lead and Opportunity objects. If not, create them
Subsequent recurring donation payments will use this Record Type when Soapbox creates and converts Leads for them in Salesforce.
- 1b: Confirm that you have Soapbox Donations Quickstart for Salesforce Version 1.7 or higher installed in Salesforce. If not, update to the latest version of Soapbox Donations Quickstart for Salesforce
Version 1.7 and higher contain custom fields required for the new functionality
- 1c: Ensure that you have the latest version of Soapbox Donations for Salesforce managed package installed in Salesforce
Versions 1.13 and higher enable the autoconversion of the new Soapbox Recurring Donation Payment Leads
STEP 2 - FOR ALL DONATIONS APP USERS:
- Enable your payment processor to send notification to Soapbox
Notifications are supported by each of the following payment processors: Authorize.net, Braintree, iATS Payments, PayPal Website Payments Pro, and PayPal Standard. Once this step is done, any future subsequent payments will appear in Soapbox under Donations > Transactions with a Payment Occurrence of “Subsequent recurring." They will also be included in exports of transaction information.
Once you setup the notification service with your payment processor, all subsequent payments will update in Soapbox, whether or not the initial monthly donation was made prior to the setup of the notification service.
In addition to articles cited above for enabling this feature, feel free to dig deeper by reviewing the following articles at your leisure:
- Creating Recurring Donation records in the Nonprofit Success Pack for initial recurring donations
- Understanding how subsequent payments for recurring donations update Salesforce
- Responding to Leads marked as Match Review Needed
- Why does a Soapbox Recurring Donation Payment Lead record require match review?
- Why are donations being created as incomplete Leads with the default record type?