For those using the Donations app to accept monthly recurring donations, we're pleased to announce that you can now automatically post subsequent monthly payments directly to Soapbox and Salesforce! This applies not only to any new monthly donation but to any existing monthly donation for which your organization is currently receiving recurring payments.
In order to begin using this new feature, you will need to do the following:
- Enable your payment processor to send notification to Soapbox
Notifications are supported by each of the following payment processors: Authorize.net, Braintree, iATS Payments, PayPal Website Payments Pro, and PayPal Standard. Once this step is done, any future subsequent payments will appear in Soapbox under Donations > Transactions with a Payment Occurrence of “Subsequent recurring." They will also be included in exports of transaction information.
- [Salesforce integration only] Create Soapbox Recurring Donation Payment Record Types on the Lead and Opportunity objects
Subsequent recurring donation payments will use this Record Type when Soapbox creates and converts Leads for them in Salesforce
- [Salesforce integration only] Install the Soapbox Donations Quickstart for Salesforce 1.5 -> 1.7 unmanaged package
This adds custom fields required for the new functionality. As a note of explanation, this package skips v1.6 because the manual creation of Record Types in the previous step covers v1.6.
- [Salesforce integration only] Install the update to the Soapbox Donations for Salesforce managed package
This enables the autoconversion of the new Soapbox Recurring Donation Payment Leads
In addition to articles cited above for enabling this feature, feel free to dig deeper by reviewing the following articles at your leisure:
- Posting subsequent payments for recurring donations to Soapbox
- Creating Recurring Donation records in the Nonprofit Success Pack for initial recurring donations
- Understanding how subsequent payments for recurring donations update Salesforce
- Responding to Leads marked as Match Review Needed - updated to include information on resolving issues with Soapbox Recurring Donation Payment Leads
- Why does a Soapbox Recurring Donation Payment Lead record require match review?
- Why are donations being created as incomplete Leads with the default record type?
Questions? Feel free to open a ticket and we'll be happy to assist! Interested in the Donations app to begin accepting donations for your organization with no per transaction fee charged by Soapbox? Let us know!